A message is considered to be a collection of information from an uniquely identifiable visitor to the event organiser. The goal is for the corganiser to be able to request certain information from its visitors. Which information should be requested can be defined by enabling and disabling the individual form fields of the frontend form. Therefore the informational content of a message is diverging.
Possible messages could be:
- Message with two possible response options (Subscription/Unsubscription); e.g. to determine who will be present and who will not.
- Message with a note field; e.g. to coordinate who brings which dessert.
- Message with contact details (phone, e-mail); e.g. to ensure subsequent contact tracing.
- Message with details of accompanying people (number of people); e.g. to determine the number of visitors.
An event is considered to be an activity or an occasion that can be unmistakably identified by means of an event category, an event title and an event date. With the help of an event, the visitors and their messages should be organised geographically and chronologically, in order to be able to present the requested information to the organiser in useful attendance lists.
Proposals of suitable event sources:
- AttendanceLists Eventmodule (Preformatted event box according to the demo page)
- Own HTML module (Custom module from the Joomla core)
- Joomla article (article must be placed on the same page as the form)
- DPCalendar module (module "Next events" of the component DPCalendar)
- Any "Calendar & Events" component for Joomla
Event categories are used to further structure events and their related messages. In addition, the attendance list view lists all messages of all events of a certain event category. Therefore, event categories can be used to create structures that allow certain users to view only attendance lists with messages of a certain event category.
If this error message appears, the current user does not have the necessary permission to perform the desired action.
Check the component permissions under System-Global Configuration-AttendanceLists-Permissions. For the form to work correctly, for example, Web page visitors (Public) must have the permission to create content.
If this warning appears, the event was not correctly detected by the component. Make sure that
- there is an event on the same web page.
- the date und the title of this event is in a separate span element with a unique ID.
- the ID of the span elements matches with the menu setting.
A possible reason is an impossible setting in the corresponding menu setting. This could have benn happen e.g. because of an unsuccessful downgrade from the PRO to the FREE version.
To solve the problem delete the corresponding menu item and recreate it again.